Writing headlines, free infographic with actionable tips!
I created another free infographic, this time about writing headlines. It covers some of the basics of headline construction and suggests a few concepts to consider.
When crafting headlines it’s important to determine a goal, think of the emotions you want to play on, the format you want to use, and the most effective words to use.
- “How to make $100 in 1hr”
- “23 Free website tools”
- “Want more pageviews? Try these tips to increase your traffic”
Tip: 8 of 10 people read headlines, but only 2 will click through (source: Copyblogger).
Determine headline goal
- Impress new readers
- Force click
- Captivating read
- Ulterior motive purchase or subscription
- Impulse share
Select emotions to play on
Proven title words
Proven headline structures
- The secret of [blank]
- Do [something] like [big brand name]
- List Posts [7 ways to...]
- Get Rid of [problem] once and for all
- How to [do something] that gives [this benefit]