Writing for A-list sites like The Guardian & Entrepreneur (or any site)

Social Media Marketing Guides, Trends, & Forums Forums Guest Blogging / Freelance Writing Tactics & Tips Writing for A-list sites like The Guardian & Entrepreneur (or any site)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  zephyr 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Jesse Aaron
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 51
    • Total posts: 83

Over the past few months I’ve started contributing to The Guardian, Social Media Examiner, and the blogs of some pretty cool tools like Jimdo & Comm100. While I like to think I have pretty good grasp on pitching topics and writing timely/quality content, I’ve improved my topic pitch process with an – albeit – standard format The Guardian requires. In addition to the topic synopsis they ask for a brief description of why it fits with their readers.

Oddly enough this is easy to overlook when pitching topics. You look at their most popular content and run google searches/BuzzSumo for similar content, morphing ideas until you have something that falls into the same category. However, I rarely found myself actually thinking from the perspective of the reader. By doing this before I flesh out an article I’m forcing myself to write better, targeted, relevant content.

I hope any of you that contribute to other sites keep this mind when writing. It will definitely help your differentiate yourself as a writer that people want to read vs. “just another notch on the belt writer.”

Cheers!

zephyr
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Total posts: 8
    Registered MemberCreate 3 New Forum Topics

Thanks for sharing this, that’s actually pretty impressive I had no idea you write for those sites.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.