Why do you click on stuff?

Social Media Marketing Guides, Trends, & Forums Forums Hangout Why do you click on stuff?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Gloria Moore Gloria Moore 3 years ago.

• Author
    Gloria Moore
    Gloria Moore
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Total posts: 20
    Registered MemberCreate 3 New Forum Topics5 Forum Topic Comments

I’m still new to SEO but I always like the psychological part about it – “why do we click?”

For me it’s usually the text of the link. Really weird headlines or ones that play on my emotions like:

“Father of 4 murdered, children part of elaborate scheme…”

No one really talks about this but death always always always makes me click through. I immediately feel bad and feel like reading the article because I think a part of me wants to learn it’s not tragic, like there’s some evil thing they did. But it’s always tragic and I always regret it.

Roger Harris
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Total posts: 17

headlines, slogans, the people who share it, etc.

seems like it’s getting congested to the point where searcher intent is more valuable – well, searcher intent should always be a top level priority, definitely more important than click-baiting.

Gloria Moore
      Gloria Moore
      Participant
      • Topics: 4
      • Total posts: 20

@rogharris – well, that’s true – but what about when there is no searcher intent? Like if I’m on Facebook I’m just surfing for entertainment, not for any real reason.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.