Really strong & high-response rate subject lines

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Gloria Moore Gloria Moore 3 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Jesse Aaron
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 51
    • Total posts: 83

What are your highest response rate subject lines?

Mine is really simple and depending on the campaign I get 55-85% response rate.

Subject line: Hey [first name], can I ask you a quick question about [their blog name]?

First of all, if you’re not using first names you shouldn’t expect good results from generalized pitches. If you use first names AND their blog name, it creates immediate acknowledgement.

The rest of the email depends on your goal/campaign, but I always like to start with “Hi” or “Hey” [first name], I hope you’re doing well! [or] I hope this message finds you doing well. If I already know them I’ll be a lot more laid back with lines like “What’s new man?” or “How’s [your recent project] coming along?” If they’re a content creator (designer, writer, etc.) then mention their most recent work. Commend them or be bold and offer constructive feedback.

What are your best subject lines?

francis
    francis
    Participant
    • Topics: 1
    • Total posts: 3
    Registered Member

Thanks for the tips Jesse, I will make sure to use first names and blog names any time I contact someone for a guest blogging spot! Do you mind if I copy and paste your example for my first try?

Jesse Aaron
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 51
    • Total posts: 83

Not at all Francis, go ahead!

Gloria Moore
    Gloria Moore
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Total posts: 20
    Registered MemberCreate 3 New Forum Topics5 Forum Topic Comments

Thanks Jesse, I’ve been using this to reach out to sites and it’s been working out really well. It makes you come across as someone who is personable / down to earth.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Gloria Moore Gloria Moore.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.