My random and oddly successful organic traffic strategy

Social Media Marketing Guides, Trends, & Forums Forums Traffic Generation My random and oddly successful organic traffic strategy

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  zephyr 2 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Jesse Aaron
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 51
    • Total posts: 83

I wrote about this in-depth last month (check it out if you have a chance!) – about ranking on the first page of google without any link building.

To expand on this article, I wanted to just show a screenshot of how the “top 10 songs” format worked overtime again. I still rank first page & top 4-5 spots for “songs to wake up to”. I tried going for the variant: “calming songs to sleep to”. Here are my results over the past few months:

If you look at the category in the navbar “Mashups” and click on “Songs” in the dropdown, you’ll see about 7 posts that I’m trying out this strategy with. It hasn’t worked for all of them – remember, I’m not link building at all with these posts – this is purely basic on-page SEO that’s aligned with Google’s recommendations. And yes, the competitors for these terms are super authoritative (ie: Huffington Post).

zephyr
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Total posts: 8
    Registered MemberCreate 3 New Forum Topics

Interesting! I could see this being twisted for other things like “10 videos to [keywords/phrases]” or “10 tips to [keywords/phrases]”

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.