July 24, 2014 at 6:16 pm #1598
In case you missed it, last week a PDF of Google’s Search Quality Rating Program (version 5) spread throughout the SEO world. In this 160 page document we gain insight to some very telling parts of the search and page ranking algorithm, such as:
– Characteristics of high, medium, and low quality pages (with screenshots and tips)
– Google’s vision of being an “expert” or “authority”
– A comprehensive overview of Utility Rating
– Ratings such as V (vital) U (useful) R (relevant) SR (slightly relevant) OT (off topic or useless) and even how they rate/flag content that is not “appropriate for the default user” such as P (porn) F (foreign language) or D (didn’t load results)
– A basic overview of Google’s updated views on User Intent
– Much more
Here’s a SlideShare link to where I found the PDF being hosted:
July 24, 2014 at 6:17 pm #1599
NICE FIND! Thanks for sharing that I think a lot of people will find it extremely useful.
July 24, 2014 at 6:19 pm #1600
np! I like how SlideShare embeds 3 links when you post one of their links. Talk about an “effective” link building strategy -.-
July 24, 2014 at 6:21 pm #1601
Yea that’s a bit excessive; I think the link with the name to the slideshare itself should be the only link allowed since it’s necessary. I don’t think a like to the profile of who shared it is necessary though.
July 24, 2014 at 6:24 pm #1602
I checked the page source and both links are no-follow. good on them for keeping it nofollow at least.
July 24, 2014 at 6:24 pm #1603
Ah that’s fine then.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.