Crafting organic content for traffic boosts

Social Media Marketing Guides, Trends, & Forums Forums Traffic Generation reddit tactics Crafting organic content for traffic boosts

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  zephyr 3 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

Jesse Aaron
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 51
    • Total posts: 83

This is a tactic that most SMMs are 100% unaware of.

Ironically, some of the largest content publishers use variations of this tactic. Think: BuzzFeed reaps in traffic from Facebook predominately. Same with Upworthy. They use seductive headlines and re-hash content that originated somewhere else.

Where did this content originate? Youtube, reddit, 4chan, blogs/stubmleupon.

When bigger publishers see hot/top/timely/relevant content on these platforms, they re-hash them into their own content because it’s already been proven that the public will soak it up. Upworthy is just a front – a publisher that acts as if they’re responsible for the videos they bring to “viralness” when all they do is reword headlines for already-popular videos. Slap on a “worthy” cause and they can fend of most trolls. Anyway…

Our goal is to be the originators. Actually creating content based on benchmarks – not re-hashing or re-hosting. If it gets upvoted we get a nice traffic boost over 24hrs.

The recipe:
    – pick a subreddit
    – sort through top / all time content
    – brainstorm ideas based on these benchmarks
    – create it and host it on your site
    – blast it out to try and get an organic submission, otherwise submit it yourself
    – pitch it again with it’s current success to those rehasher publishers, which can get more traffic/links/shares/leads/etc…

xSEOxNinja
    xSEOxNinja
    • Topics: 27
    • Total posts: 44
    Registered MemberCreate 3 New Forum Topics5 Forum Topic CommentsPower BadgeFriendship Badge

Great share Jesse. This seems like a solid content strategy for white hat SEOs / content marketers.

The idea of proven validation prior to creation is really strong.

Gloria Moore
    Gloria Moore
    Participant
    • Topics: 4
    • Total posts: 20
    Registered MemberCreate 3 New Forum Topics5 Forum Topic Comments

The idea of proven validation prior to creation is really strong.

OMG I’m saving that @xSEOxNinja

Jesse Aaron
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 51
    • Total posts: 83

Nice one @xSEOxNinja

zephyr
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Total posts: 8
    Registered MemberCreate 3 New Forum Topics

The autos/cars subreddits are pretty great. The communities are small though, so like with most small communities on reddit you can’t really get away with promoting. For my eCom site I usually pitch it in private messages and publicly participate like most users; answer/ask questions, post pics, etc.

I may test CPA copy/images there as a less intrusive way of publicly mentioning my site – still hesitant though.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.