Buying Traffic-Good or Not?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Roger Harris 3 years, 1 month ago.

• Author

jonterns
    Participant
    • Topics: 2
    • Total posts: 4
    Registered Member

I have seen many ads online for traffic sources that I can pay for to build my Alexa ranking and even my page rank. Are the really as effective at that as it seems or is it more of a “flash in the pan” type of idea that boosts numbers quickly and that’s all?

Jesse Aaron
    Keymaster
    • Topics: 51
    • Total posts: 83

Hey Jon, those ads are definitely fruitless endeavors. I know exactly what you’re referring to. They might be situationally beneficial – I’ve noticed people religiously scan the Warrior and Black Hat World forums for qualified traffic services – but that’s really for churn and burn sites.

If your goal is to build up an authoritative site and earn organic traffic/naturally increase pagerank, I would recommend content marketing and social media advertising. This requires a larger time investment, but it also means your traffic is full of real people with genuine interest in your site/service/product.

Look at it this way:
    > $50 on 25,000 visits from robots to create an illusion of site popularity
    > $150 on a longform guide and FB ads that earns 5,000 visits and generates 8 conversions. If you make $50 per conversion, that’s 166% ROI

Roger Harris
    Participant
    • Topics: 3
    • Total posts: 17
    Registered MemberCreate 3 New Forum Topics5 Forum Topic Comments

I agree w/ Jesse’s FB ad tips if you want to be clean about it.

You can just as easily spend $30-$50 on a variety of Fiverr gigs for way over 5,000 visits – in the realm of 20-40k. You won’t get any conversions from Fiverr traffic but the idea is that after the gigs kick in and your rankings climb, you’ll be earning more than 8 conversion and they’ll be natural. Not to knock on that strat though, it’s pretty solid but if Jon is just looking for a quick boost then I would suggest Fiverr.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.