- Hootsuite is one of the top dogs when it comes to social media tools. Sign up for free to try it out. In a nutshell, Hootsuite is an excellent social media planner. We can schedule Facebook posts and tweets, simultaneously managing various social media accounts, and track results with the power of Bit.ly.
- Free version: We can enable 5 social profiles, receive basic analytics reports, schedule messages, unlimited apps, and 2 rss/atom feeds.
- Paying: Enables 50 social profiles along with dozens of additional features.
- An essential tool for bloggers specifically, Triberr fosters communities around niche topics and connects us with blogging opportunities. It can be a confusing place at first, so here are some basic starting tips:
- Sing up for free and start following “tribes” (simply categories).
- Share relevant content such as your blog posts or others.
- Continuously share content and comment on the content you truly love
- Gradually build relationships and get your content shared
- There is even a dedicated forum section for guest posting
- Sharing content should be seamless. Dlvr.it allows us to connect our blog to every social media account. After doing this, we set filters and apply our posting preferences. Once this step is completed, every future blog post will automatically be shared on our social media accounts.
- The free version lets us share to only one account, while upgrading to Pro gives us more options.
- One of the most excellent Twitter tools around, SocialBro allows us to:
- Scrape data from our followers
- Identify the best times to tweet
- Gain audience insights
- Target opinion leaders
- Analyze competitors
- Segment and organize communities with integrated tracking features
- Currently in Beta stage, SafeLinks makes it easy to keep a healthy link profile. Whenever we post a link on a social network we usually forget about it within a few hours. SafeLinks notifies us whenever links break – simple. Keep an eye out and bookmark SafeLinks.
- Similar to Google Reader (now Feedly) and other content aggregation systems, Everpost presents an aesthetically pleasing layout with simple navigation. Sign up for a free trial account and select topics that interest you. Browse through the content you like and schedule to post it on your integrated social media accounts.
- One of the sleekest email marketing solutions to date, aWeber makes it easy to blast listservs and increases conversion rates with an excellent CMS.
- We can try it out for $1 for the first month. After that the going rate is $19/month.
- Some of the features include:
- Professional content management system
- Follow up auto-response system
- Over 150 beautiful HTML email templates
- Cure writers-block disease with Topsy. When we have a niche topic to write about, type the topic into the Tospy search bar and find out what’s hot based on Twitter or Google Plus. Topsy is also useful to see what people are saying about certain topics.
- Social media campaigns are diminished when we are unable to track the progress and success of content and promotional strategies. Bitly allows us to create a shortlink for those ugly, long links – for free. With this short link, we can track how many times it gets shared and simultaneously promote the link on Facebook, Twitter, and email. Some tips for Bitly:
- Test different link building strategies by creating separate bit.ly’s for the same original link.
- Integrate Bitly’s open public API to create custom tools specific to your needs
- Compare your link traffic from Bitly’s created on other tools such as Hootsuite by simply importing them
- Have a Facebook page? Simply enter the URL into LikeAlyzer search bar and let the magic happen. This tool will measure and analyze Facebook pages. Some cool things about Likealyzer:
- It’s free
- Provides daily statistics
- Offers tips/advice on how to improve Facebook pages
- Helps maintain social activity & engagement
Do you have any great social media tools to add? Have a question or comment? Post them below!